Here at the Garden, we understand that God’s plan to touch the lost isn’t to simply have people come to church to find Him, although it’s nice when that happens! From our annual Barefoot Weekend to Christmas @ the G/Adopt-a-Family to our Second Harvest partnerships, we strive to follow His strategy for us to demonstrate grace, love, and care…to “be Jesus” to others.
This year, Barefoot and One Day will be the SAME weekend!
Don’t miss October 29 & 29, 2017!
2012 = 568 pairs of shoes received
2013 = 608 pairs of shoes received
2014 = 1,000 pairs of shoes received
2015 = 2,500 pairs of shoes received
2016 = 1,000 pairs of shoes received
For the last 7 years The Garden has held “Barefoot Weekend”, and this year, all shoes will be given to Tri-City Union Gospel Mission. There are kids and adults right here in Tri-Cities who do not have a single pair of shoes, at least not a pair that fit. What gender, size, and type of shoes are needed? Any and all! New or gently used baby shoes, work boots, loafers, pumps, kid’s shoes, tennis shoes…bring them with you to the Garden Barefoot Weekend!
Whatever you bring, remember that God gives GOOD things and so do we. Others deserve our best, not our worst, so let’s bless them with no (shoe) strings attached…just like God’s love!
Dare to go bare!
On One Day Weekend, we give a special offering, above and beyond the regular tithe, to touch others with the love of Christ, here at home and around the world. Over the last eight years, our families have given over $225,000 in our One Day offerings, allowing the Garden to:
- Provide food and medical supplies to communities hit with natural disasters here in the U.S. and around the world
- Purchase over 2 million meals for children and adults in over 7 countries
- Fund free healthcare clinics in India, Southeast Asia, and the Americas
- Distribute water filtration systems for villages in Nepal, Africa, and Asia
- Build Bible schools to train pastors and plant new churches
- Purchase more than a dozen girls out of the sex trade
- Fund outreaches that led to over 1,000 healing miracles and more than 100,000 salvations
- Start our area’s first Bite 2 Go program, assisting children with weekend meals at Vista Elementary for at least a three year commitment
- Partner with 2nd Harvest for a monthly mobile food bank, here at the Garden. This year alone, over 82,000 pounds of food have been distributed to 2,390 families and next year, we want to triple that!
This is just a part of what we’ve been able to accomplish for Christ through our One Day offerings! Between now and the first weekend of November, pick one day and work it for the Kingdom. ONE DAY of your life changes every day of theirs!
FOUR EASY WAYS TO GIVE
1. Checks: Payable to the Garden, with “One Day” on the memo line.
2. Cash: In an envelope with your info and “One Day” written on it.
3. PushPay: Select ONE DAY as the first reference option. (Text: garden to 77977 to download the app.)
4. Online: Click HERE and choose One Day as the giving type.
“One Day” offerings may be given at any time so if you missed the actual weekend, you can still get in on blessing others!
“…Help and give without expecting a return. You’ll never—I promise—regret it. Live out this God-created identity the way our Father lives toward us, generously and graciously, even when we’re at our worst. Our Father is kind; you be kind.” Luke 6:35-36 The Message
Last year, we welcomed over 900 guests of honor from 158 families to Christmas @ the G! They enjoyed a Family Fun Zone, Youth Zone, Gift Stations, Hair Cuts, Family Photos, Household Care Packages, Food Baskets, Prayer, and Guest Refreshments and most of all, the love of Jesus in a safe, fun environment.
Plans are already underway for an even better Christmas experience this next Christmas! Check back for details or be here in our services to get the scoop!