At the Garden, we understand that God’s plan to touch the lost isn’t to simply have people come to church to find Him, although it’s nice when that happens! We strive to follow His strategy for us to demonstrate grace, love, and care…to “be Jesus” to others.
DECEMBER 8-9, 2018
On our annual One Day Weekend, we give a special offering of one day’s wage, above and beyond the regular tithe, to touch others with the love of Christ.
THREE WAYS TO PARTICIPATE IN ONE DAY
- BEGIN: If you don’t tithe, we encourage you to join those who consistently support all that God is doing at The Garden. One Day is the perfect time to BEGIN tithing.
- OFFER A ONE-TIME GIFT: Ask God what you should give, then simply obey. Most bring an offering that’s equal to the daily wage they’re believing for in the coming year. The human mind cannot comprehend God’s response to one single act of obedience!
- SOW A FAITH SEED: Is the amount you want to give not feasible on One Day weekend? Make a “No-Strings-Attached” pledge! Indicate your target amount and, over the next 90-days, begin working toward your goal. We’ll NEVER hound you about your pledge, but we WILL be hounding heaven with prayers of agreement with you!
FOUR EASY WAYS TO GIVE
- Checks: Payable to the Garden, with “One Day” on the memo line.
- Cash: In an envelope with your info and “One Day” written on it.
- PushPay: Select ONE DAY as the first reference option. (Text: garden to 77977 to download the app.)
- Online: Click HERE and choose One Day as the giving type.
Over the last 10 years, just under $300,000 has been received during One Day Weekend. 100% of your One Day offerings are used to:
- Provide food and medical supplies to communities hit with natural disasters here in the U.S. and around the world
- Purchase over 2 million meals for children and adults in over 7 countries
- Fund free healthcare clinics in India, Southeast Asia, and the Americas
- Distribute water filtration systems for villages in Nepal, Africa, and Asia
- Build Bible schools to train pastors and plant new churches
- Purchase more than a dozen girls out of the sex trade in Nepal and India
- Fund outreaches that led to over 1,000 healing miracles and more than 100,000 salvations
- Sowed into other local churches and ministries to help reach the lost.
- Start our area’s first Bite 2 Go program, assisting children with weekend meals at Vista Elementary for at least a three year commitment
- Partnered with 2nd Harvest for a mobile food bank, here at the Garden, held monthly for over three years.
This is only a part of what we’ve been able to accomplish for Christ through One Day!
Groups are taken all over the world and are trained and equipped for the “hands-on” winning of souls and working of miracles. People’s lives are forever changed after coming on just one of these trips!
These are independent trips so if you feel led to go, then by all means—go! You’ll be making arrangements directly through JSMI/Global Ventures. For the cost and to learn more about these trips, visit www.globalventures.tv and select the destination, then click “Get Started” box for complete details.
Mission & Outreach MINISTRIES
As an act of fulfilling the Great Commission, both locally and globally, the Garden supports various mission and outreach ministries on a regular and as-led basis. Here are just of the organizations you bless through the Garden’s outreach giving:
As a faith-based, nonprofit organization, Convoy of Hope helps empower others to live independent lives — free from poverty, disease and hunger. To date, Convoy has helped more than 100 million people throughout the world.
iMPACT Compassion Center is local non-profit organization that seeks to help people sort through challenges and maximize the effectiveness of community resources. Visit their website to learn more about the services they offer and ways to get involved.
Hosanna Bible Church now has 20 churches throughout Nepal, started Hosanna Bible College in Kathmandu, and founded Lighthouse Foundation, which operates four state-approved Christian orphanages in Nepal where children are given shelter, clothing, meals, medical/vision/dental care, education, Christian teaching and a sense of purpose and importance.
Mirror Ministries is a local organization who’s mission is to reflect the grace of God to victims and survivors of sex trafficking, right here in the Tri-Cities community. Visit their website to learn about awareness training, survivor services, volunteer opportunities, and more!
FATHER’S DAY WEEKEND
Most of us don’t think twice about grabbing a pair of shoes and sticking them on our feet. If anything, we have to play “footwear Jenga” to fit them all in our closet! Yet, there are kids and adults right here in Tri-Cities who do not have a single pair of shoes, at least not a pair that fit. Working with local outreach and service organizations, we help change that!
Over the past 7 years, we’ve brought in over 6,300 pairs of shoes for Barefoot Weekend! What gender, size, and type of shoes are needed? Any and all! New or gently used baby shoes, work boots, loafers, pumps, kid’s shoes, tennis shoes…bring them! Whatever the case, remember that God gives GOOD things and so do we. Others deserve our best, not our worst, so let’s bless them with no (shoe) strings attached…just like God’s love!
Dare to go bare!
In-kind contributions (such as shoes) are tax deductible to the extent allowable by law under The Garden’s tax-exempt status under IRS section 501(c)3. Our tax ID number is 20-1778277. When you donate shoes, please retain this info for tax purposes and thanks for blessing those right here in our community!
BITE 2 GO
Beginning in February 2015, the Garden partnered with Second Harvest Inland Northwest to support a weekend feeding program at Vista Elementary! The name of this program is called “Bite 2 Go” and each Friday during the school year, participating students receive a pre-packaged bag of food to take home. (Changes to the school schedule may require Thursday deliveries and our Bite 2 Go team will be notified.) Through your generosity, over 50 children are fed each weekend of the school year!
The shelf-stable milk, juice, cereal, entrees and snacks are safe for children to handle on their own because they don’t require any cooking or other preparation. In addition to the Garden’s ongoing partnership through Second Harvest, we also reach out to the staff of Vista Elementary and support them in various ways throughout the year, by dropping off treats, holding a pancake breakfast, helping with grounds work project, and more.
MOBILE FOOD BANK
From early 2015 though May 2018, we hosted 42 mobile markets through which 351,878 pounds of food was distributed on our campus. All food distributed at our mobile food banks were purchased with fund from our One Day offerings. Our families have been honored to serve your family through this Second Harvest Partnership!
Follow Second Harvest Tri-Cities on Facebook, call their 24-Hour Mobile Food Bank information line at (509) 252-6270, or find food distribution details on their website at www.2-harvest.org
TRI-CITIES FOOD BANK
Visit www.tricitiesfoodbank.org for more details
712 N 10th Street
Benton City, WA 99320
Thursday Noon-2pm and 6pm-8pm
420 Deschutes Avenue
Kennewick, WA 99336
321 Wellsian Way
Richland, WA 99352
4906-B W Van Giesen St.
West Richland, WA 99353
OTHER FOOD MINISTRIES
Sozo Food Bank
120 Railroad Avenue
Kennewick, WA 99336
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 9:30am-11:30am
Union Gospel Mission
112 N 2nd Ave.
Pasco, WA 99301
Food boxes every Thursday. Arrive at 8am to receive a number (1-100).
Distribution of food boxes begins at noon.
The Salvation Army-Pasco
310 N 4th Avenue
Pasco, WA 99301
Tuesday & Thursday 9am-11am and 1pm-3:30pm.
Open to Pasco residents only.
St. Vincent De Paul-Pasco
215 S 6th Ave.
Pasco, WA 99301
Open to Franklin County residents only.